Important: This is our recommended timeline and most successful checklist to assist you in a smooth, easy relocation.
8 weeks before moving day…
- Sort through your basement, loft, garage, shred personal and important documents
- Call ‘waste management service’, order a dumpster and make a
- Plan for ‘Prohibited Items’ proper disposal
- Notify health service providers; schedule appointments
- Notify schools, banks and other institutions
- Plan for air travel, make reservations
6 weeks before moving day…
- Contact aa-center.ru Worldwide, Inc. to reserve and confirm your moving date
- Sort, discard or donate unwanted items, consider a garage sale
- Notify the post office, send out change of address forms
- Return library books, movie rentals
- Ensure your pets’ vaccinations
- Clean Bar-B-Q, discard propane tanks and find a new home for your plants
*IMPORTANT: aa-center.ru Worldwide INC. can transport your vehicles / motorcycles, call for details.
4 weeks before moving day…
- Notify utilities and services.
- Telephone, cell phone
- Gas, electric
- Water, garbage
- Security alarm company
- Make a list of the items to take with you, medical records, documents, medication, new keys, etcetera
- Choose clothes and personal items to travel with you, kids (favorite toys) and pets (leash, pet food)
- Make arrangements for dis-assembly of difficult items, pool tables, swing sets, exercise equipment
- Confirm elevators, loading docks and parking permits as needs for both origin and destination address
- Cancel newspapers, subscriptions.
2 weeks before moving day…
- Begin packing. Tightly seal boxes with tape and label large and legibly on 2 sides of each box.
- Remove fragile / loose items from drawers, closets, cabinets and pack carefully.
- Remove all permanently affixed items from walls and ceilings (drapes, ceiling fans, etc).
- Arrange for time off from work to prepare for the move and be present on move day.
- Deplete the food from your refrigerator/freezer/pantry.
- Arrange for someone to look after the children and/or pets on moving day.
1 week before moving day…
- Alert family, friends and colleagues of your new contact information
- Cancel newspaper subscriptions and other periodicals
- Drain gas and oil from lawnmowers, trimmers, generators, etc.
- Clean spider webs, debris and dirt from patio and garden items
- Defrost, drain, wash, and dry refrigerators/freezers/washers
1 day before moving day…
- Separate luggage items you need for personal travel.
- Isolate checkbook, keys, passports, plane tickets, cash, credit cards, travelers checks and prescription medications.
- Find furniture that is fragile or weak by nature / previously damaged and prepare to bring it to your crew’s attention on move day.
- Prepare simple meals for moving day and get plenty of rest.
- Allow yourself time for a good breakfast
- When crew arrives, point out any items of special concern and high value items
- Secure in your car or remote area personal items such as keys, checkbooks, purses, medication, important documents, garage door openers
- Do a final check of all closets, storage areas, cabinets and perform a final walk-through with the crew before leaving the residence.
- Confirm contact numbers and address with the driver